Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wonder Words to Brighten Your Kids' Day

"No act of kindness is ever wasted, no matter how small."

Wow! • Way to go • Super • You're special • Outstanding • Excellent • Great • Good for you • Well done • Remarkable • I knew you could do it • I'm proud of you • Fantastic • Super star • Nice work • Looking good • You're on top of it • Beautiful • Now you're flying • You're catching on • Now you've got It • You're incredible • Bravo • Hurray for you • You're on target • You're smart • Good job • Hot dog • Dynamite • You're beautiful • You're unique • Nothing can stop you now • Much Better • I Like You • I Like What You Do • I'm impressed • You’re clever • You're a winner • Spectacular • You're precious • You're terrific • Atta boy • Atta girl • Congratulations • You figured it out • Hip, hip, hurray! • I appreciate your help • You're getting better • Yeah! • Magnificent • Marvelous • Terrific • You're important • You're sensational • Super work • You're very creative • You are fun • I like the way you listen • I like how you're growing • I enjoy you • You tried hard • You are so thoughtful • I trust you • You're important • You mean a lot to me • That's correct • You're a joy • You're a treasure • You are wonderful • Awesome • You did your best • You made my day • I'm glad you're my kid • Thanks for being you • I love you!

(These words work best when said with sincerity, eye contact, a pat on the back, and / or a warm hug.)

© Dr. Louise Hart is author of The Winning Family: Increasing Self-Esteem in Your Children and Yourself and On the Wings of Self-Esteem. With her doctorate in Community Psychology, she gives presentations to families of young children to prevent serious problems later on. Visit her website: http://www.drlouisehart.com for more information on her books, workshops, and free newsletter.


[Adapted from "The Winning Family".}